A Message to our Customers —
April 6, 2020
During the current Coronavirus Pandemic and during the current Stay at Home order in Ohio, all of our employees company-wide are required to abide by our Safety Practices, including taking temperatures daily when arriving to work, Social Distancing of 6 feet, washing hands frequently, using hand sanitizer, cleaning common surfaces at least daily, and wearing disposable gloves during their shift.
- All of our employees processing your orders for delivery or pickup are following the above Safety Practices and wearing gloves when handling our plants, shipping carts, etc.
- On Thursday, Governor DeWine announced that Ohio’s Stay at Home order has been extended until 11:59 pm on May 1, 2020. Dr. Amy Acton signed an updated order that goes into effect at midnight on Monday, April 6, 2020.
- This new order has provided clarity for many of our customers as it specifically lists garden centers and nurseries as Essential Businesses.
- All Essential Businesses must adhere to the Social Distancing Requirements contained in the order. Additionally, a new requirement of the order is that Retailers are required to prominently display at every entrance a maximum capacity of persons permitted in the store which would allow customers to safely maintain the 6 foot Social Distancing requirement.
Orders for Delivery and Delivery Procedures:
- Deliveries should be offloaded outdoors whenever possible
- Our drivers have been instructed to wear gloves and practice Social Distancing during the delivery. You may use aforklift to remove our plant racks off the truck. Otherwise, our drivers will lower our plant racks off of the truck using the lift gate.
- We ask that your team offload the plants onto your racks or benches. Alternatively, our driver can help offload if necessary as long as Social Distancing can be practiced.
- We will provide you with a copy of the Shipping List upon delivery.
- You are not required to sign our copy of the Shipping List, however, our driver will ask for the name of the person receiving the shipment.
Orders for Customer Pick Up and Pick Up Procedures:
- We will continue to accommodate customer pickup orders.
- We have temporarily suspended customer walks through the nursery.
- If you wish to do a pickup, we ask that you place your order ahead, and we will have it ready when you arrive.
- Call our office at 800-948-1234 when you arrive so that we can meet you outside. Please do not come into the office at this time.
- We ask that you load your order. Our team will help, if requested.
- You are not required to sign our copy of the Shipping List or Invoice, however, our team will ask the name of the person receiving the shipment.
- We are accepting payment by check or credit card. Our team will receive your form of payment in the loading area. If paying by credit card your card and receipt will be returned to you.
- If you have a special safety protocol during this time for deliveries or pickups, please let us know at the time of placing your order and we will be happy to abide by your current protocol.
Thank you for your cooperation!