SUPERMARKET SHIPPING COORDINATOR
The Supermarket Shipping Coordinator, in collaboration with the Shipping Director, is largely responsible for organizing, coordinating and executing the day-to-day functions within the Supermarket batch pulling function of the Shipping department.
Job responsibilities include:
(1) Supermarket Organization & Shopping. Effectively coordinates and oversees critical processes within the Supermarket. Primary duties include (1) overseeing the rack building process, adjusting for proper number of shelves and heights; (2) setting the prioritization of Shopping for each Supermarket to maximize efficiency; (3) ensuring the Supermarket is set up properly; (4) addressing any issues that arise within the Supermarket system; (5) acting as a second quality control checkpoint; and (6) creating a flagging system to identify and resolve issues but keep shipping processes moving swiftly.
(2) Shipping Support & Operational Assistance. Manages the Shipping area to maximize the use of labor and space resources. Provides assistance and support with pre-pricing sticker station, being a point person to secure replacement plants, returning unnecessary plants to proper department throughout the day, etc.
(3) Shipping Quality & Accuracy. Works closely with Shipping staff to ensure quality, accuracy and complete processing of customer orders. Facilitates efficient order movement in the Supermarket throughout the work day.
(4) Staff Training & Development. Trains, directs and supports Shipping team team development to ensure process completion and consistent, high-quality product is prepared for Millcreek customers.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Prior horticulture/garden industry experience preferred, experience in a shipping support position with similar duties preferred
- Technology: Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and SBI Growing Software (or similar computer program)
Entry Level Seasonal Nursery Worker – which includes the following responsibilities:
- Growing Support: Carry out the cultural and growing requirements of specific growing department at the direction of the Section Grower. Tasks may include cutting, sticking, dividing, seeding, transplanting, watering, pruning, carrying, moving/spacing plants, weeding, labeling, dumping plants, covering/uncovering plants, and other growing and maintenance tasks for plants in the greenhouses and nursery, selected poly-hut/shade-hut areas and other assigned areas. Ensures work processes are followed and are current and accurate. Handles day-to-day work challenges and allocates time effectively, properly prioritizing job demands. Performs job duties in a thorough and dependable manner.
- Order Pulling: Supports order handling process throughout the shipping season by selecting plants from greenhouses, nursery areas, selected poly-hut/shade-hut areas and other assigned areas, to stock the Supermarket. Tasks include working on pulling crew, reading a Master Pull report to determine which plants to pull from designated locations, selecting, carrying, and loading plants appropriately onto nursery racks, dropping racks off to the Supermarket, and passing on Master Pull reports to the Shipping Department. Prioritizes workload to maximize productivity.
- Operational Assistance: Ensures the cleanliness and organization of the growing area, including daily cleaning within areas worked, maintenance and storage of tools and equipment, stocking necessary supplies, returning plants to proper locations and maintaining a neat and orderly appearance of the area.
Our company, customer base, and our convenient location:
Millcreek is a wholesale grower committed to supplying high-quality container-grown perennials, herbs, ornamental grasses, annuals, succulents, and shrubs. We have a wonderful team of people who work hard every day to supply a top notch product to our customers, who include independent retail garden centers, farm markets, landscapers, municipalities, and public horticulture entities. We are located in Ostrander, Ohio, just 10 minutes north of Dublin and 30 minutes north of the O.S.U. campus. We are within a brief commute from many of the Columbus suburbs including Powell, Marysville, and Delaware.
What we produce and how we do it:
Each year, we produce more than one million finished plants in facilities that include over 95 greenhouses covering 192,000 square feet. In addition, our Propagation Department produces over 700,000 starter plants per year. We are equipped with a 3,200 square foot automated Production Facility with two transplanting lines to maximize efficiency in our plant production. We began using our newly built Shipping Facility in the Spring 2020.